Sunday, June 12, 2016

so you want to make a difference...


If I could go back and tell my 23 year old on-a-mission-to-make-a-difference-self a thing or two about making an actual difference in the world, I would say be deeply rooted right where you are! Be present with your people. Be with them - really with them - through thick and thin, over the span of life, and you will make a difference so deep and wide you won't doubt for one second that your life has been well invested and completely well lived!

When I was 23, I went on a mission trip with Teen Mania's Global Expeditions to South Africa. It was amazing and it mattered and I'm glad I was able to go.

My biggest takeaway: As we formed three giant duck-duck-goose circles with the droves of kids who came out to see the americans that were just bused into their village, I thought, this is amazing, and, we can do this at home!

Other days we were out going house-to-house sharing hope, truth, and friendship with men and women in this tiny village - and it mattered. We collected many sweet testimonies from villagers and teammates - big and small things God was doing with our time, prayers, and efforts on this trip.
And I learned some more valuable lessons: 
there is power in prayer, 
there is power in being with people, 
and there is power in using our words to speak truth, hope, and life to one another. 

In Africa or at home in South Carolina, I am on mission with God when I seek Him (in Spirit & in Truth) and then go out and walk in the power of his spirit to love others. 


So here's to seeking Him & loving our people intentionally, consistently, well... and being in it for the long haul! ♥

kinda doubt that lady at the top has any recollection of me - at least not an earth-shattering one - but if I didn't have my girl or my girl didn't have me - our worlds would be a very different place! Thanks, God, for giving us each other to live, love, and grow with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

Say hello on insta! - http://bit.ly/insta-kimalford