Monday, July 11, 2016

finally - a bedrock of boldness

About to be a third grade teacher again!! 
But this time to home-schoolers thru a co-op that meets twice a week. 🙌🏽 

http://bit.ly/letsbeprayers-insta

- Since I quit my PreK+Autism job in April to move home to MB, the spring and summer seasons have felt like I imagine a sabbatical would! - I've been free to work on personal projects, read, write, travel, meet with friends midday as I wish... It's been glorious to say the least. 

And at the same time, all this free-to-do-as-I-please time has made me realize how much I enjoy working with kids each day! 

I thought I would want this chill season to never end, but I have actually spent more time imagining & looking forward to the next teaching opportunity like I look forward to coffee in the morning!!

My first three years of teaching were just plain awful. If I was a say-never type person, I would have said never again! I was running away from that crazy field as fast as my I-don't-care-if-I'm-jobless legs could carry me... Two of those years were spent teaching third grade. So many days, I literally cried on the way to work and again on the way home. How Long, O Lord!? Please get me out of here! 


It has taken soooo long (almost 15 years!🙈 ) and so many different types of teaching/kid jobs, but I'm no longer afraid of third grade curriculum or third graders or all the paperwork that ensues. 

And now I've had experience in special Ed, PreK, a little bit of high school & middle school, and all these years of day-after-day and little-by-little have finally added up to a bedrock of boldness and and "I can help" mindset ... It's incredibly refreshing and relieving to not dread, but anticipate teaching third grade homeschoolers this fall! Of course I'm a little nervous starting with a new-to-me curriculum, students, & families. But my third-grade-nemesis is no longer such a thing. Now it's a place to go use some tools I've picked up along the way, to build long-lasting bonds with kids and their families, and to learn learn learn as I go again!! ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

Say hello on insta! - http://bit.ly/insta-kimalford